At Excelsior Academy, we live by the motto: “Think differently, learn differently, live
differently.” We help students with learning differences excel and achieve success by
fostering a meaningful educational environment in which students are taught how to learn
as opposed to what to learn. We help students with learning differences excel and achieve
success by fostering a meaningful educational environment in which students are taught
how to learn as opposed to what to learn. We seek to help our students not just improve in
academics, but to also increase them in all life areas, including building their self-esteem,
self-empowerment, and ability to advocate for themselves in all areas of life.
Who do we serve?
We cater to children, grades K-8, with superpowers – they can be referred to “twice exceptional” as they may be gifted in other areas such as, but not limited to, art, dance and music. Our gifted students also have one or more of the following learning differences:
- Anxiety and Anxiety related Disorders
We stand out because we understand that learning standard subjects in a traditional manner is not the best method of learning for our students. Instead, we integrate the focus on creative areas the students may already be talented in – such as: performing arts, visual arts, expressive writing, video production, yoga, and gymnastics with the traditional subjects. We find that by integrating their hidden superpowers and allowing them to channel their creative focus makes the process of combining academic learning with life skills much more effective AND enjoyable!
Our ideal student tends to display one or more of the following:
- Lack of focus and become easily overwhelmed
- Have extreme difficulty staying organized, miss important details of assignments
- Become shutdown and may act out emotionally in chaotic classroom settings
- Can get easily distracted, often daydreaming, and caught up in a reality outside the present moment.
It’s also important to distinguish the students that fall under the following categories would not be a good fit for Excelsior:
- Moderate to severe visual or physical impairment requiring additional assistance or accommodations.
- Moderate to severe Autism or developmental disabilities, such as Down syndrome, Tourette syndrome, Cerebral palsy, Fetal alcohol and drug-related syndromes.
- Children or adolescents who display more aggressive and violent behavior, such as Oppositional Defiant Disorder
|Excelsior Plus (grades 9-12) Tuition Payment Plan|
|Yearly Enrollment Fee:||$1500|
|Excelsior Academy- Standard K-8||Excelsior Plus (grades 9-12)|
|NILD Educational Therapy Techniques||Some techniques in class||Full techniques provided|
|Discounted 1:1 After-School Tutoring||25% Off||50% Off|
|Neurofeedback QEEG||Not Provided||Included|
|Specialized Therapy||Not Provided||Included On Site|
|Personalized Kinesthetic Physical Training||Not Provided||Provided|
|Outside Contracted Therapists such as Speech/OT by Parent’s Request||Classrooms offered on-site||Classrooms offered on-site by parent’s request|